Tried and Tested Ways To Have A Budget-Friendly Ski VacationAuthor: Guest | Category: Travel
A skiing holiday can quickly drain your vacation budget. To significantly cut the cost off of your vacation expenses, consider these tried and tested ways to enjoy your holiday without breaking the bank.
- Airline baggage fees will drain your wallet because of the gears and ski clothes you’ll be bringing with you. Generally, the weight limit is 50 pounds per bag. Consider leaving your skis at home. Renting skis can be cheaper than paying the baggage fees.
- Booking your vacation on weekdays is a lot cheaper than weekend getaways. Whether you are booking in cheap or luxury ski chalets, scheduling your visit on a weekday is sure to save you tons of money. Comparing rates will help you find the best accommodation price. Some resorts even offer week-long package promos that include rentals and lift tickets.
- Major resorts can kill your budget. Consider staying in lesser-known ski resorts and shave off a lot on your vacation expenses.
- When traveling with a group, renting a condo can be cheaper than staying in a hotel. Condos have their own kitchens where you can prepare your own breakfast or dinner to save on the high cost of eating out.
- Get involved in some non-skiing activities for a day or two during your winter vacation. Instead of just downhill skiing, consider ice skating, cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing where the rentals are cheaper and don’t require costly ski lifts.
- Check out late holiday ski deals. There are now a number of sites offering affordable late ski deals, like the UK late ski deals website. If you are travelling on a tight budget, checking out this site will allow you to plan an enjoyable ski trip while still being able to work around your allotted travel budget.